I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve seen or heard the success stories of Yaskawa’s Beat the Clock challenge. In a minute or less anyone can program a Yaskawa Drive with a ControlLogix to run through Ethernet/IP.
A success story of our own happened recently when one of Innovative IDM’s Controls Engineers, Ky Anderson, and Lead Field Support Engineer, Ashesh Patel, take this challenge a step further.
They installed 42 Yaskawa GA500 micro-drives in JUST 12 HOURS from start to finish. This included:
· Assembly of Ethernet options card
· Testing to run production for Pressure regulation for Air conveyor system by PID close loop speed control of blower Motor.
How we achieved in just 12 hours:
1. Easy drive programming using the Drive Wizard tools in box without hooking up power to the drive!
2. Field Engineer/Technician's love Yaskawa products because they are easy and efficient to install!
3. After the install, warranty registration done from the DriveWizard App and Model details input from QR code on Drive.
You must be wondering one thing…Why would the customer replace 42 working drives?
1. Well, that’s simple, Historically, Yaskawa drives have demonstrated extremely high reliability with an average MTBF (mean time between failure) of 28 years or more.
2. Customer replaced 32 drives out of 42 drives in last 14 years, and some of them more than once from their other drive suppliers. (Picture shows only 10 drives out of 42 has original TAG on it.)
3. 24X7x365 lights off operations need reliable and efficient drives.
-- Post and photos by Ashesh Patel