Our customers and employees in Baton Rouge continue to endure dire conditions from the staggering flooding in that area and throughout southern Louisiana. One of our customers, a printing plant, sustained horrible damage. Everything flooded. Office turned upside down. Every control panel went under water.
On the scene, IIDM field service technician from our Baton Rouge office Joey Fairchild surmised the situation: "We are attempting to save all the wiring, term strips and relay sockets. The plan is to replace every component. I’m working on that now. I’ll let you know how it goes in a week or so. Power stayed on. However we will need to clean distribution gear at some point."
Fairchild said the plan is this:
- Pressure wash the mud and oil coating with a degreaser. It was all wet anyway.
- Dry with fans 1-2 weeks while parts are ordered and delivered.
- Send flooded motors out for rebuild.
- Send high HP drives in to IIDM repair facility for rebuild.
- Megger test all wiring, with components removed, to find shorts/moisture.
The photos and video tells the story better than words.