The SMC3010 is a single-axis motion controller with Ethernet communication that attaches to any Yaskawa LEGEND amplifier. The SMC3010 has easy BASIC-like text programming. The standard Ethernet feature provides seamless communication to the Yaskawa inverter family as well as many third-party Ethernet I/O devices with the Modbus TCP/IP protocol. A single SMC-3010 can also command several axes of SMC-3010’s over Ethernet using a centralized program that is stored on the master for non-coordinated multi-axis motion. The SMC-3010 provides several modes of operation, including point-to-point positioning, registration positioning, and following of external devices via gear ratio or cam profile.
SMC-3010 Standard Features:
- Easy to Use- Just snap-on the LEGEND-MC to the LEGEND amplifier and now you have powerful motion control capabilities.
- Reduced Wiring- All the required interface signals and DC power are connected when you snap the modules together. Seamless integration reduces installation time, reduces documentation and speeds up trouble-shooting.
- 100% Digital Design- Eliminates drift, makes setup virtually automatic, and provides comprehensive diagnostics.
- High Performance and Reliability- A complete motion solution that delivers the kind of performance and reliability you expect from the world’s number one supplier of AC servos.
- Multiple Axis Control- Beyond 1 axis of motion control functionality, the LEGEND-MC also offers virtual point-to-point, multi-axis motion control capability up to 4 axes.
- Designed to Facilitate Programming and Problem Solving- Yterm front end software package for the Yaskawa series of SMC motion controllers provides a user friendly, Windows interface for design, development and debugging of motion control applications.
- The software package consists of three easy-to-use main sections:
- Programming Section- Edit, transfer and monitor programs for the motion controller.
- Tuning Section- Tune the controller’s axis and test the servo system’s performance using a four-channel scope to graph performance data.
- Monitoring Section- Monitor motion and I/O on the controller.
- Dual Programming Screens- Cut and paste code from one program to another or test program segments individually.
- Context Sensitive Help- Help screens automatically display information about the command you type as you type it saving time having to search for help with syntax or program examples.
- Syntax Checker- Program compilation errors are detected and listed. When the programmer clicks on one of the errors, the cursor is automatically placed at the line of the error in the program so that it can be corrected quickly and easily.
- Ethernet Connectivity- From the boardroom to the shipping dock, Ethernet has become a leading industry standard in enterprise networking. With the LEGEND-MC motion controller, you can take full advantage of the convenience, flexibility and power of Ethernet connectivity. The built-in connection enables connectivity to other LEGENDS, clients and Ethernet I/O. Distribute & Share Manufacturing Data via the Network. Monitor the Process from Anywhere!
- In Stock!- Products are on the shelf, available for same-day shipment from the factory.