The Energy Savings Calculator is a powerful free software tool from Yaskawa Electric America. It allows users to very precisely estimate their energy and cost savings using a P7 variable frequency drive versus using throttle valves or inlet guide vanes for pumps or fans.
The software is broken into 5 parts:
- Contact Information- All contact and project information can be recorded, saved, and sorted. This is especially useful as the software can be used to publish detailed reports and graphs in a number of common formats.
- Utility Information- In addition to base rate of local energy, the software also has special allowances for industrial users, such as off-peak rates, peak demand charges, and utility rebates for investments in equipment to reduce peak power demands.
- System Definition- Users can define their specific system, including drive specifics (HP, voltage, efficiency, motor FLA). Designers can also specify exact duty cycles per day, week, month, and year.
- Estimated Energy Savings- The total energy saved and return on investment is calculated based on previous inputs. Select information can be displayed in graphical form, such as ROI, Energy Savings, Energy Usage, and Power Required.
- Final Report- The final report can be rendered into a number of popular formats, such as PDF, MS Word, MS Excel, and numerous graphical files.