The WAGO-I/O-SYSTEM is a modular, fieldbus independent I/O system. It is comprised of a fieldbus coupler for distributed I/O, or a programmable fieldbus controller (PFC) for distributed control, and up to 64 connected I/O modules for nearly any type of signal. External wiring of the I/O modules can take place without knowing which fieldbus system will be used. Once the fieldbus is determined, simply snap-fit mounting of the respective buscoupler to the connected modules is all that is required. The flexible combination of digital and analog I/O allows the user to completely tailor each node to the exact needs of the application.
- Fieldbus Independent I/O Modules- Changing from one fieldbus to another does not require any changes to the I/O modules resulting in fewer parts to stock and a high degree of flexibility.
- Optional Programmable Fieldbus Controllers- Whether you need a programmable node for distributed control or just distributed I/O, Wago has the buscouplers to fit your needs.
- Pluggable Wiring of the 753 Series- Exchange I/O modules in the field without disturbing the existing wiring. No tools are required for installation or removal of the pluggable connector which allows for a speedy changeover and eliminates the potential for miswiring a module during replacement therefore minimizing downtime.
- Wide Range of Fieldbus Support- Buscouplers for PROFIBUS, INTERBUS, ETHERNET TCP/IP, CAN (CANopen, DeviceNet, CAL), MODBUS, LON and others are available giving you the flexibility to communicate with a wide array of products.
- IEC 61131-3 Programming- The powerful IEC 61131-3 programming environment gives the user choices as to which programming language(s) best fits the task at hand. With its universal standard instruction set, the user is able to quickly develop, debug, and deploy the project at hand. Whether it’s Ladder Diagram (LD), Structured Text (ST), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Instruction List (IL), Sequential Function Chart (SFC), Continuous Function Chart (CFC), or a combination of these programming languages, you have the necessary tools to get the job done.
- Compact Modules- The electronics of the WAGO-I/O-System modules are designed into housings ranging from 12mm up to 48mm in width allowing for a compact node.
- Integral Wago Cage Clamp Terminal Blocks- A vibration-proof, fast and maintenance-free connection is provided which lowers the total installed cost and minimizes downtime.
- Internal Power Jumper Contacts- Extend field device power to adjacent modules without the need for external wiring. This helps to achieve a clean, reliable, fast installation.
- Secure Connection- The modules are designed to fit together securely with dovetails and a latch to securely clamp the node onto DIN Rail to ensure that a robust and reliable connection is always made.
- Modular Design- Quick exchange of an I/O module within the assembly without tools is easily accomplished providing for flexibility to accommodate changes and different configurations.
- Color Coded- Each module can be distinguished quickly as a result of its color coding. Yellow – digital inputs, red – digital outputs, green – analog inputs, blue – analog outputs, colorless – supply and special modules.
- Identifying Markings- Terminal markings are permanently molded directly into the modules. In addition, the user has the ability to add custom markings using colored miniature WSB markers. Group marking carriers can be withdrawn and replaced with a large area for self marking so that users can provide custom marking directly on each module.
- Diagnostic and Status Indication- LED’s on each module provide visual indication of system status for simple troubleshooting.
- Reliable Contacts- Data contacts on each module provide safe, automatic connection by tinned, self-cleaning slide contacts. The ground (earth) contact makes first and breaks last.